Last Updated: [8/25/2023]
If you do not want us to collect or use your Personal Information as described in this Policy, please do not use the Sites or Products. We may update this Policy from time to time, and the revised Policy will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. We encourage you to check back periodically for any changes or updates. If we materially change this Policy in a way that affects how we use or disclose your Personal Information, we will post a notice at the top of this page for 30 days. By continuing to use the Site after such revision takes effect, we consider that you have read and understand the changes.
The Sites and Products are intended for U.S. and Canadian audiences only. If you reside outside the U.S. or Canada, please visit our websites for your jurisdiction. If you use the Sites or Products, any information you provide, including Personal Information, will be processed in the U.S. in accordance with U.S. laws and this Policy, which may be less stringent than the law where you reside.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect your Personal Information in various ways, as described below. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is required to fulfill the purposes for which the information is processed or to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
a) Information You Give Us
We collect Personal Information that you voluntarily share with us through the Sites and Products, including when you participate in promotions or contact us via fax or email. For example, we collect your identifier information from you when you participate in our promotional free-shade campaign. This Personal Information may include identifiers such as your name, email address, residential or work addresses, telephone number, and payment details, including credit card number; in limited cases, if you are setting up a business account on behalf of a sole proprietorship or small business, you may provide a government issued identification number, like a social security number, or personal financial account details, including credit card details, for the business owner in lieu of entity details. We may process your financial account details, or we may utilize a third-party payment processor.
b) Information We Automatically Collect
While many websites and applications, including our Sites, do not currently recognize automated browser signals such as “do not track” instructions, you can generally express your privacy preferences regarding the use of most cookies and similar technologies through your web browser. Look under the heading “tools” (or similar heading) in your particular browser for information about controlling cookies. In most instances, you can choose to have your browser warn you each time a cookie is being sent, giving you the option to decide whether to accept it or not. You can also generally set your browser to turn off cookies. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of the features on the Site may not function properly. You can also delete cookies already on your device via the settings of your web browser.
c) Information From Other Sites
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you choose to use third-party services like PayPal to make a payment, we may receive information from these third-party services to process your order.
d) Third-Party Sites
Some promotions or offers may link to or have plugins from websites and applications operated by third parties (“Third-Party Sites”) and may be subject to separate privacy conditions and may require separate consent. It is your choice to enter, or share information with, any Third-Party Site. Your use of these links and applications is subject to the Third Parties’ privacy policies, and you should become familiar with their privacy policies before using the links or applications. Norman® is not responsible for the privacy policies or the personal data practices of these Third-Party Sites.
2. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the Personal Information we collect through the Sites and Products to better serve you and fulfill your orders and for other business purposes, including:
- Full any orders or requests, including promotional requests
- Tracking your progress through the ordering process
- Communicating with you through text messages and push notifications when you consent
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
- Collecting and recording your consent to our policies and notices
- Preventing, discovering and investigating violations of this Policy
- Investigating fraud or other matters
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations
3. HOW WE SHARE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may disclose your Personal Information with third-party service providers to fulfill a business purpose, as discussed below. The following are some of the ways we disclose your information for business purposes:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your Personal Information with third-party service providers under contract with Norman® to help us provide services to you, including to verify your contact information, to ship your order, to obtain legal services, to process your payment, and for data analytics purposes, as discussed above.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share Personal Information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Norman®, our users, or others. This includes exchanging Personal Information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your Personal Information to a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
DO NOT SELL OR SHARE MY INFORMATION
In addition to the above, we may sell or share your information in a manner that constitutes a “sale” in order to provide you with targeted products or services that we think may be of interest to you. Depending on your place of residence, you may have the right to opt-out of such sale or sharing. To exercise this right, please contact us as described below.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
The Sites are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Sites. Please contact us if you have concerns regarding the potential collection of your child’s information.
4. HOW WE PROTECT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. We will make any legally required disclosure of any unauthorized access to your Personal Information.
5. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Depending on your state of residence, you may be entitled to rights around the collection and processing of your Personal Information. These rights vary by jurisdiction, but may include the right to:
- Know the Personal Information we collect and for what purposes and from what source we collect this information; and to know what Personal Information we have shared, to whom it was shared with, and for what purpose.
- Access, modify, correct, or delete your Personal Information, and to receive your Personal Information in a format that is easily readable.
- Opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information and data processing for targeted advertising, and to withdraw consent where applicable.
- Object to decisions based on profiling or automated decision-making that produce legal or similarly significant effects on you.
- Restrict or limit processing or to object to processing carried out pursuant to (i) our legitimate interest or (ii) performance of a task in the public interest.
- Appeal the decisions we make regarding the processing of your Personal Information.
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the California Privacy Law.
- If the exercise of the rights described above limits our ability to process your California Personal Information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you our products or services or engage with you in the same manner.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
To exercise the privacy rights described above, please email SalesSupport@NormanUSA.com. In order to verify your request, we may need to request additional information, including Personal Information.
6. HAVE QUESTIONS?
If you have any questions about this Policy or about how we handle your Personal Information, please contact us at: SalesSupport@NormanUSA.com.